[Oeva-list] FW: SolWest is the last weekend of June!

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri Nov 15 12:44:32 PST 2013

Save the date.

Gary

From: Tova Woyciechowicz [mailto:tova at oregonrural.org]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2013 11:49 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: SolWest is the last weekend of June!

  <http://www.highplainsnews.org/images/ORA-Logo.gif>

You're invited to join Oregon Rural Action in La Grande, OR to continue the
grand tradition of SolWest!
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5706/images/Oregon%20Rural%20Action/SolWest/Sol
West_fair.GIF>
We have the Union County Fairgrounds lined up for June 27-29 in 2014. We
appreciate your patiently waiting for us to announce the date and hope you
are excited about the coming year! Please spread the word!

There will be an exhibition space for you to share your renewable energy and
sustainable living wares at SolWest Fair. Please see the map of the
fairgrounds attached. We hope that you will bring your wares and interactive
displays to engage many fair goers in La Grande.

While we encourage businesses to "show their stuff" at SolWest, we
understand that not everyone has the setup to be a vendor at a show. Here
are some additional ways to show your support for SolWest, while gaining
visibility for your products and services: business membership, SolWest
sponsor or classroom sponsor, silent auction donation, SolWest fair program
ads and educational workshop presenter. Let us know if these options
interest you and we will provide more information as things develop
541-975-2411 or
<mailto:tova at oregonrural.org?subject=SolWest%20Vendor%20Update>
tova at oregonrural.org.

Location and Climate
La Grande is at 2,785 ft elevation in the Grande Rhonde Valley. The city's
population is 13,000 with a few smaller towns within a short drive (Cove,
Union, Imbler, Elgin). Baker City, Pendleton, North Powder, and Wallowa are
all about an hour away. Portland and Boise are fairly close as well, 4 and 3
hours respectively. We moved the fair to June because we resoundingly heard
that SolWest is too hot. In La Grande, June has highs in the 80's and lows
in the 40's (F) and there is about 1" of rain on average, most commonly
falling early in the month.

"Energy for Building Sustainable Communities"
SolWest will continue to have great workshops about solar energy, classes
for contractors to continue their education, solar exhibits, vendor sales,
camping, and many more of the details that have been so successful in the
past. Oregon Rural Action wants to continue to focus on renewable energy
while including other aspects that build sustainable communities. One piece
we might want your help with is creating a guide to sustainability. The idea
is to give people steps, for 1 year, 2 years etc. , that they can take to be
more sustainable. What would that look like for your business? Our work with
homegrown prosperity, food, agriculture, social justice, and healthcare will
contribute to SolWest. Please check out our website at
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fw
ww.oregonrural.org> www.oregonrural.org to learn more about these issues.

We are still shaping what SolWest will become and encourage you to tell us
what is important to you that we have at next year's SolWest. There are
vendors and supporters that we don't have emails for and so please spread
the word. Since this is the 1st year in La Grande, we could use any
assistance you might be able to provide with fundraising, program
development, and marketing. Please contact Tova Woyciechowicz,
<mailto:tova at oregonrural.org?subject=SolWest%20Vendor%20Update>
tova at oregonrural.org 541-975-2411 with comments, suggestions, and ways you
want to be involved.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Tova Woyciechowicz Bob Yoesle Telescope
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5706/images/Oregon%20Rural%20Action/SolWest/Sta
ring%20at%20the%20Sun.jpg>
Energy Community Organizer
Oregon Rural Action
1119 Washington St.
La Grande, OR 97850

Office: 541-975-2411

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fo
regonrural.org%2Fjoin-give%2F> Join us! www.oregonrural.org

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=3&url=https%3A%2F%2F
www.facebook.com%2Foregonrural%3Fref%3Dhl> Like/
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=4&url=https%3A%2F%2F
twitter.com%2FOregonRural> Follow Us!
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=5&url=https%3A%2F%2F
www.facebook.com%2Foregonrural%3Fref%3Dhl>

ORA brings people together to build strong rural communities. We promote
social justice, agricultural and economic sustainability, and stewardship of
our region's land, air and water.

Photo: Starring at the Sun, Bob Yoesle's Telescope, Photographer Tova
Woyciechowicz

  _____

<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Fo
rg2.salsalabs.com%2Fo%2F5706%2Fp%2Fsalsa%2Fsupporter%2Funsubscribe%2Fpublic%
2Findex.sjs%3Funsubscribe_page_KEY%3D840%26Email%3Dtova at oregonrural.org%26em
ail_blast_KEY%3D1270484> Click here to unsubscribe
 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa