[Oeva-list] Tualatin PGE Shorepower EVSE

chris at darkstarpro.com chris at darkstarpro.com
Wed Nov 20 08:26:59 PST 2013

Hi Chaz,

Unfortunately, I believe the issue is with the Shorepower EVSE. This
was one of the very first (if not -the- first) Shorepower J1772 EVSE
units built. My understanding is that PGE no longer has a service
maintenance agreement with Shorepower for the maintenance of this
station, so I would recommend reporting the problem to PGE directly.

J1772 diagnostic equipment is prohibitively expensive, but I suspect
that the 12v pilot may be off a bit, or even a loose pilot connection
could be blame here. I had a similar experience with a Chargepoint unit
in Sherwood (the single unit at the angled parking) a few weeks ago and
was told they replaced some equipment, however I haven't been back out
yet to try it again.

If you are able to charge at Blink stations in particular, I highly
doubt the issue is with your Nissan Leaf as the Blink units perform the
full-compliment if J1772 tests and monitoring while a vehicle charges.
Nissan went above-and-beyond by replacing your internal charger based on
a single EVSE charging issue and I believe are making the right call
that the issue is with the particular EVSE.

Sincerely,
Chris Arnesen