[Oeva-list] Tualatin PGE Shorepower EVSE

matwete@comcast.net matwete at comcast.net
Wed Nov 20 08:57:38 PST 2013

My EVSE at home uses a 30 amp J1772 EVI cable.  When it stopped charging awhile back, I found that the pilot wire had internally gone open in the cable...rather than cutting the cable shorter or throwing it out, I opted to use one of the extra wires in the cable for pilot.  I was told by an EV  veteran that the small wires in these cables are very sensitive to the cable bending sharply or getting whacked...so it could be the cable at fault in Tualatin.