[Oeva-list] Tualatin PGE Shorepower EVSE

Alan Bates abates at shorepower.com
Wed Nov 20 12:06:57 PST 2013

Our technician was just there- the GFI was tripping around 30 seconds of
charge time.
He replaced the GFI and it is now working fine (as of today).

Regards,
Alan

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM, <chris at darkstarpro.com> wrote:

> Hi Chaz,
>
> Unfortunately, I believe the issue is with the Shorepower EVSE. This
> was one of the very first (if not -the- first) Shorepower J1772 EVSE
> units built. My understanding is that PGE no longer has a service
> maintenance agreement with Shorepower for the maintenance of this
> station, so I would recommend reporting the problem to PGE directly.
>
> J1772 diagnostic equipment is prohibitively expensive, but I suspect
> that the 12v pilot may be off a bit, or even a loose pilot connection
> could be blame here. I had a similar experience with a Chargepoint unit
> in Sherwood (the single unit at the angled parking) a few weeks ago and
> was told they replaced some equipment, however I haven't been back out
> yet to try it again.
>
> If you are able to charge at Blink stations in particular, I highly
> doubt the issue is with your Nissan Leaf as the Blink units perform the
> full-compliment if J1772 tests and monitoring while a vehicle charges.
> Nissan went above-and-beyond by replacing your internal charger based on
> a single EVSE charging issue and I believe are making the right call
> that the issue is with the particular EVSE.
>
> Sincerely,
> Chris Arnesen
>
> On 19.11.2013 22:55, Chaz Smith wrote:
> > Hi there folks, I am in need of some help/support regarding an
> > ongoing  issue that I been having with my 2012 Nissan Leaf SL.
> >
> > A sort of log of the issue (I did not make an entry for every success
> > or every failure) can be found by those with access to the Plug Share
> > app or website by looking at the check-ins for the PGE charger in
> > Tualatin.
> >
> > I want to say at the outset that I really really like my Leaf (my
> > wife and I call her Lucy) and I also enjoy  being a sort of defacto
> > ambassador for EVs, Nissan or otherwise .
> >
> > I do have this a very annoying and inconvenient charger compatibility
> > issue with the PGE based charger located off of Mohawk Street in
> > Tualatin (this is a Shore Power level 2, non-CHadeMO charger). I
> > frequently work at a nearby office building that is within a five
> > minute walk.
> >
> > When I work in Tualatin, I my commute is  appropriately 50 miles
> > round trip.  Most of the commute is freeway along I-205.  So far,
> > through spring, winter and fall I have been able to make it there and
> > back without charging, provided that I leave my house with a full
> > charge and have no extra curricular errands to make during the day.
> >
> > I obtained the car (two year lease) last February and it worked
> > (charging using the Tualatin PGE charger) without issue for several
> > months,  possibly as late as July.   After that and ever since then
> > my
> > Leaf starts charging only to stop after 33 to 35 seconds and leaving
> > some type of warning/error code light, which is stored but goes away
> > after the vehicle is turned off and back on again.

> [...]

Alan Bates
Vice President of Marketing
Shorepower Technologies
2351 NW York Street
Portland, OR 97210
O (503) 892-7345 M (503) 810-7396 Skype: shorepowertechnologies
abates at shorepower.com

+ Watch our Driver Training Video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTeR0c_OH8>
+ View images <http://www.flickr.com/photos/truckpr/sets/72157627309966782/>
+ Shorepower Advanced Technology