[Oeva-list] Car Charging Group Press Release

Steve's Account stevel at fern.com
Tue Nov 26 15:38:42 PST 2013

Rick Durst <Rick.Durst at pgn.com> relays a curious press release:

> CarCharging Engages National Network of Electricians and Resumes Servicing of Blink Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
> Download PDF<http://content.stockpr.com/_news/carcharging/2013-11-26_CarCharging_Engages_National_Network_of_Electricia_1574.pdf>
> Within Weeks of Acquisition, CarCharging Honors Commitment to Customers and Restores Service in Key Locations
>
> MIAMI BEACH, FL, Nov. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Car Charging Group, Inc. (OTCQB: CCGI) ("CarCharging"),
> a nationwide provider of electric vehicle (EV) charging services, announced that servicing of
> the Blink charging stations is already well underway. Since its purchase of the Blink Network
> and all Blink-related assets a little more than a month ago, CarCharging's service team
> has successfully restored service to more than 200 highly-utilized Blink public EV charging
> stations, including Level II and DC Fast chargers, in California, New Jersey, Tennessee,
> and the greater metropolitan areas of Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Portland, Oregon.
> Approximately 1/3 of Blink's public EV charging stations with known service needs when CarCharging
> acquired the Blink Network have been serviced and are now available for use. Therefore,
> more than 95% of the Blink EV charging stations are fully functioning, which makes the
> Blink Network one of the most reliable EV charging networks.

Wow.. This is real marketing hype...

Lets see.. They are a "pioneer".. despite the fact that they bought a network of
charging stations from the "REAL Pioneer".

And they claim to have visited 1/3 of the stations with known issues... and that this makes then
"the most reliable"... What about the other 2/3's of the stations with known issues?

They must have a strange definition of "reliable".. Reliable means to me, that they don't
break.. ie you can rely on them being up when you need them.. "Repairable" (when we get around
to it!) doesn't equal "reliable" to me.

The fact that they hired a national network of electricians would seem to say that they
should have gotten to the other 2/3's of the dead blink chargers, too. (Or arn't there any
electricians in their "national" newtork in the other states and in the areas outside the
major metro areas?)

Repairing them at the rate of 200 per month, when they are in the easiest to access areas,
says that they handle about 10 per day under the ABSOLUTE best conditions. Which really says
that it will be another 2 (or more!) months before they get around to the rest of them!

What they seem best at is "whitewash".

But.. I guess its better than it was.. they were turning into bird roosts!

Steve