[Oeva-list] Board Proposal: Bylaws Modification to Add Corporate Membership Option

chris at darkstarpro.com chris at darkstarpro.com
Fri Apr 4 15:34:17 PDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

The OEVA board has been approached in the last year by a number of
corporations and asked if we had a membership level that would apply to
them, with the answer being "no." We never thought this was a major
issue, however we've learned that many corporations have special budget
allocations that allow them to join associations.

To answer this request, we've proposed modifying the membership section
of our bylaws as follows:

-----------------------
ARTICLE II - MEMBERSHIP

Section 1: OEVA membership is $20 per year for individuals. Individuals
receive the privilege of a single vote and can be elected as a board
member.

Section 2: OEVA membership varies for corporations per the schedule
below. Corporations have no voting privileges, will receive a listing on
the OEVA website, and will be listed on any OEVA publications.

Platinum Member - $1,000
Gold Member - $500
Silver Member - $250

Section 3: There are no special membership requirements, anyone can be a
member. To subscribe or renew, make payment to the Treasurer.

In addition, I've taken the opportunity to update the board elected
positions as well (see the attached document). We would like to take the
next week to gather any input on these changes and then submit it for a
formal vote at our next monthly meeting on Thursday, April 10th.

Sincerely,
Chris Arnesen
OEVA Media Relations Chair