[Oeva-list] Board Proposal: Bylaws Modification to Add Corporate Membership Option

chris at darkstarpro.com chris at darkstarpro.com
Fri Apr 4 17:39:58 PDT 2014

Thanks for your feedback Charles.

Unfortunately most corporations have separate budget "buckets" for
sponsorships vs. association memberships. The requests made to the OEVA
by a couple of corporations brought this specifically up. (The idea
being that you "sponsor" and event, but your a "member" of an
organization.)

The board considered tying the "level" to a company statistic (like
employee size), however we aren't dependent on corporate memberships to
serve our mission and goals, so the decision was to make it an option
for a corporation.

To keep our legal paperwork simple, we only have the bylaws and no other
operational document. The board decided to call out specific corporate
membership benefits since we do so for individual members. The idea will
be that corporate members will receive sponsorship discounts at events
the OEVA organizes.

Hope this helps explain our thinking a bit.

Sincerely,
Chris Arnesen