[Oeva-list] Aerovironment

Mark Powell terrapin99 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 22:53:34 PDT 2014

I use AE's charging stations about 3 times a month. They started charging for their services at the first of this month. Their model only supports I-5 commuters. It is a $20 flat fee per month. They monopolize the I-5 corridor and received government funding through 2014. The one time charge for a fast charge is an exorbitant $7.50. They are offering no other options at this time. I can't imagine this model would be sustainable if they weren't a monopoly. I complained to their technical support and requested another option like 5 charges for $10 dollars. I would recommend that other users call technical support and request other options. Does anyone else know who regulates the price of charging?  Can we join together to ask for other options from this monopoly?