[Oeva-list] Leaf to Leaf charging

Charles Bonville charlesbonville at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 15:36:39 PDT 2014

Given the usual laws concerning the conservation of energy, I suggest the best approach is to tow the Leaf in neutral to the nearest charging station.

If the stranded Leaf owner is in a hurry and needs to minimize time at the charger, and IF the towing Leaf owner consents, then put the dead Leaf in drive and use some light regen. to put some charge in the battery, but this will (obviously) make the towing Leaf work harder and use more kwh per mile. Hopefully it's mostly downhill to the next charger!

Good luck out there!

-Charles