[Oeva-list] Leaf to Leaf charging

Dave Salzman salzmande at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 19:49:57 PDT 2014

Folks, as far as I’m concerned the “West Coast Electric Highway”, at this time does not exist from Portland down I5 to Eugene.  Just returned from an EV trip that was supposed to take one day, but took 3 days and 2 motel stays. Now I don’t have a smart phone and I didn’t think to take a laptop computer so all I had to go by was the GPS in the car. NO level 3s that worked, & the level 2s where not much better.  We did most of our charging at RV Parks ( Thank god for the up graded EVSE) but it still took 2 or 3 hours each stop. Springfield was supposed to have a level 3 @ the “Gateway Market Place” but the AV customer service couldn’t get the L2 or 3 working . After spending the night in a motel and spending all day trying the find any place to charge we ended up being put on a flat bed tow truck for a ride to the local Nissan dealer. By this time I just had them put her on their l2 over night, shuttle us back to the motel and come get us this morning. Headed north this morning with 100% charge. Got to the Salem Walmart’s L2 for a 4hour charge, made it to Scappoose Fred Meyer’s AV  L3 which got me home.

Sad but true,
Dave                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      On Apr 15, 2014, at 5:22 PM, lee colleton <lee at colleton.net> wrote: