[Oeva-list] LEASE A 2014 SMART ELECTRIC WITH ZERO DOWN

Greg Long gregoregonmarketing at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:11:05 PDT 2014

Isn't the advantage of EV's mostly their longevity?  If so, then EV
leases are generally something to avoid unless there's a generous
buyout option, this issue has been explored elsewhere, and perhaps
here, but there could be exceptions, like high mileage local delivery.

Personally, I haven't driven a Smart EV, but I was unimpressed with
the 2009 gas version. It was overly heavy for its size and lacked a
conventional 5 or 6 speed manual option with clutch. The late 90's
Metros compare quite favorably in performance and fuel consumption and
can carry four or more cargo, if, of course, one can be found in good
condition.

Still, it's hard to beat a Smart Car when it comes to parking or tight
downtown traffic navigation.