[Oeva-list] Is OEVA really encouraging drinking and driving?

Eric Cha ericc at xenopi.com
Tue Apr 22 21:58:03 PDT 2014

Just to add to what Quinn said...

There is always an argument in any public forum for tolerating
dissenting opinions.  However, how many people who ARE legitimately
interested and enthusiastic about EV's get turned off by the trolls and
LEAVE the list?  As a person who has moderated several different
enthusiast online forums and email lists, I'm just pointing out the
moderators need to consider the repercussions for doing nothing... The
moderators of this list need to consider the balance.  Is it more
important to "tolerate" trolls and lose list members because of those
few trolls or is it more important to keep the people who are actually
constructive members?

To be honest, I have repeatedly considered leaving this list because of
the trolls.   In fact, I'm considering it right now.  Perhaps I'll start
another EV list with more aggressive moderation. <shrug>

Respectfully,

Eric