[Oeva-list] Is OEVA really encouraging drinking and driving?

Quinn Sullivan qsullivan11 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:33:45 PDT 2014

I stated "Maybe there's a better email group to suit those who want to bash
EV's somewhere. It's not that I want everyone to agree with me or the
majority of the group, it's just not productive.  If you hate EV's and
OEVA, I don't know why you bother.  Maybe try constructive criticism."
Your emails may be valid, just not always creating productive dialogue to
this email list.  If you do, I have no problem with them, and hope to hear
your opinions.

Also provide a response on how the vehicles or the infrastructure or
funding could also be improved.  The emails that caught my eye were just
close ended sarcasm in a negative tone.

Lots of people drive Leafs on here.  From your emails, it was difficult for
me to determine you are in favor of, or even own an EV.

>From Craig:

response after the Tesla Dyno bashing: "We're not all cheerleaders for
every cause in this life.   You'd label me negative as well, but it's
important to get the WHOLE picture.   That's what I'm here for."
 - telling us what everyone else says about EV's?

"Your two wheeler club forum members aren't asking someone else to foot the
bill for infrastructure."
 - a sarcastic comment on free-loading EV drivers who get all the roads and
charging infrastructure paid for by others?

"I wonder what could have come from making the same investment in hydrogen
or LNG infrastructure as made in electric infrastructure for fueling
vehicles?"
- not really an awful email, but save the fossil fuel and hydrogen debates
for another email list.  The days of fossil fuel are numbered.  We already
have a vast electrical grid everywhere, why add infrastructure that puts
the second most explosive element on earth in our vehicles?

"I guess we'll know for certain when we get past the life cycle of a couple
of million of these things.
At the current rate of acceptance, lets see.......      I'll be dead."
- a shot at the slow acceptance rate of EV's?  Maybe it's because they're
often being verbally beaten down.

These emails had nothing to offer an electric vehicle group.  I'm fine with
you staying on the group, I just want this email list to be worthwhile to
those interested and a positive experience for newcomers.  No one on here
wants their day interrupted by a public bashing of the technology we are
all interested in.  We know what current EV's can and can't do, we know
adoption is going to be slow-going for many reasons, we also know the grid
and EV's are going to get better every day, and fossil fuels will be more
and more scarce every day.

Quinn