[Oeva-list] Leaf owners - have you lost any bars yet?

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Wed Apr 23 16:55:10 PDT 2014

At 54,310 miles my Leaf finally lost it's 1st bar.  That’s not bad in my opinion.  But, I have a question for anyone else who has lost one or more bars.  Do you still see 12 of what I call wedges, as in this picture, when the car is charged up?

It seems odd to me that the fullness indicator would continue to go to 12.  When the car was new I’d get about 15 miles out of the 1st wedge.  Lately it seems to be about 3 miles.  I was fully expecting the top wedge to disappear with the top bar.  I called Nissan and the help guy said that even with only 6 bars the fullness wedges would still go to 12.  I’m just looking for confirmation.  With another 700 miles after this photo I’m seeing the same thing: 11 bars, 12 wedges.