[Oeva-list] Leaf owners - have you lost any bars yet?

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Wed Apr 23 19:57:36 PDT 2014

You are referring correctly to how Nissan apparently defines the capacity and “fuel” bars.  I find fuel bar part odd.  I would prefer each of the bars, buckets, wedges (whatever you call them) to maintain roughly the same size in terms of gids, watt hours, avg miles (how ever you look at them.)  Having them get smaller as the car ages seems wrong to me.  I’m glad I have the gid meter to see what’s really going on.  As part of Nissan’s constantly shifting scales it appears the point at which the yellow “low fuel” light comes on is moving too.  It used to come on at 60-61 gids.  I’ve seen it slipping down to 56-57 now.  I guess that’s consistent with the bars getting smaller.  If you used to be able to get home when the yellow light came on at the 7-11 at some point you won’t.