[Oeva-list] Mt. Hood Ski Bowl (Govt. Camp) DCQC celebration postponed

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri Jan 10 21:36:22 PST 2014

Forwarding from Ashley Horvat at ODOT (sans wonderful pictures and logos
that cause it to be held for moderator approval)...

Many of you may were planning to attend the grand opening celebration of
America's first EV fast-charging station at a ski area, scheduled for
Friday, January 17th. Due to weather forecasts, we've postponed the event
until Friday, February 28, 2014! Unfortunately, the ski area still does not
have enough snow to open for skiing/snowboarding. We apologize for the
inconvenience, but unfortunately the polar vortex never made its way to Mt.
Hood SkiBowl.  Please share this date change with your network and your
social media platforms if you've already sent out event information.
In the meantime, save the date, and we'll look forward to enjoying the long
awaited snow with you! Professional athletes will be there to show how
they'd use a Nissan Leaf...PlugShare will be there to help you get plugged
in...AeroVironment will be there to tell you how to charge up...SunPower
will explain how you can drive an EV fueled by the sun and Next Adventure
will gear you up for all of those upcoming EV adventures in Oregon
<http://www.traveloregon.com> .
WHEN: Friday, February 28th starting at 2 p.m., activities going on until 8
p.m.

WHERE: Mt. Hood SkiBowl West <http://www.skibowl.com/winter/> , 87000 U.S.
26, Government Camp, OR 97028

WHAT: A celebration of the nation's first EV fast-charging station at a ski
area. It also completes the beautiful Mt. Hood/Columbia River Gorge Scenic
EV Loop
<http://traveloregon.com/trip-ideas/itineraries/mt-hood-columbia-river-gorge
-loop/> !

WHY: 50% off Lift Tickets and tubing, EV Charging station giveaways, Next
Adventure Gear giveaways, Warren Miller film exclusive
<http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/events/ski-bowl-0> , SunPower solar
giveaways ... and more!
Many EV drivers have been sending me pictures of their adventures at Mt.
Hood in their EVs - turns out they're making it look easy. Pat and Dorothy
Campbell have been making the trek up Mt. Hood in their Nissan Leaf
throughout the winter using the West Coast Electric Highway station. They
hail from Vancouver, WA and are one of the founding EV Ambassadors
<http://www.evambassadors.com/>  that will be at the event to talk about
their adventures in driving electric.
We'll keep our page updated so visit us often, www.oregonelectrichighway.com
and thanks for your continued support!

Ashley N. Horvat, State of Oregon Chief EV Officer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Office of Innovative Partnerships & Alternative Funding MS 32
355 Capitol Street NE
Salem, OR 97301-3871
Cell: 503.385.3293
Fax: 503.986.3679