[Oeva-list] Toyota announces a fuel cell powered EV.

Steve's Account stevel at fern.com
Tue Jan 14 14:21:06 PST 2014

Actually, you arn't far off.. one of the most efficient methods
for generating hydrogen uses steam... but it could be waste
heat from power plants.. any of a number of sources. And in large
enough plants, heat recovery from the process stream could make
them even more efficient.

And.. no.. electrolysis isn't the most efficient method to make
hydrogen... but.. if you already have a fuel cell.. and power
available.. you can use some of them "in reverse" to generate
hydrogen.. if you can solve the issues related to metal hydrides
then using such a method might give you an alternate "fueling
station".

Steve

--
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
history with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."