[Oeva-list] Defiant Xtreme EV3 Roadster(c) Energizes Earth Day Event

John McMillian John at ShockwaveMotors.com
Thu May 1 19:45:07 PDT 2014

Hello, I wanted to take a minute and share with you how the Defiant revel
went at EarthFest.  Shockwave Motors, Inc.
<http://shockwavemotors.com/> revealed
its new all-electric roadster at EarthFest in Knoxville, TN on April 26th to
a crowd of enthusiastic attendees.

[image: Inline image 1]
*“After many years of research and development we are pleased to be able to
revel the pre-production version of our electric vehicle, the Defiant
Xtreme EV3 Roadster©.  The roadster is a unique combination of aerodynamic
design with an ‘old school look’, coupled with ease of manufacturability
enabling us to bring an electric vehicle to the market that is affordable
and fun to drive.” *John McMillian, CEO, Shockwave Motors, Inc.

The roadster is not only fun to drive but its safe as well.  The three
passenger roadster has a race car like frame constructed from 1”x2” and
1”x1” tubular steel, as well as a complete roll bar surrounding the rear
passengers.  In the event of a collision, the front wheel is designed to
fold up and over the obstacle.  The roadster’s stable ride stems from the
fact that the majority of the weight is located over the wide track rear
wheels, with an overall low center of gravity.  The high performance
Li-Ion, prismatic, battery is well protected by sheet steel and since it is
situated over the rear wheels it is virtually impossible for road debris to
penetrate the battery compartment.  McMillian said, *“We chose the
prismatic cell format for several reasons.  First, we believe they offer
more thermal stability than the smaller, cylindrical, battery cells used in
many other electric vehicles. Second, since there are several thousand
fewer cells in our battery, there are more than ten thousand fewer
connections and the likelihood of failure decreases.  Finally, the design
is simpler and this reinforces our overall philosophy of keeping things
simple!”*

[image: Inline image 3]
One thing the company is very clear on; the roadster is not intended to be
all things to all people.  It is designed as a daily commuter, for people
that want to drive to work safely, efficiently, and with a little style!  One
of the features of the roadster that was a big hit at EarthFest is the fact
that the roadster is designed to be plugged into any standard 110-volt
outlet and be completely e-charged In about 8 or 9 hours.  This means
neither the purchaser, nor the company where the commuter works, has to buy
an expensive external charging station.  Typically, there is no extra
infrastructure needed to support our roadster.  If the largest battery
option is selected, a complete recharge for a fully depleted battery does
take longer than 9 hours; however, Shockwave Motors, Inc. offers Level 2
charging capability as an option.

[image: Inline image 4]

The Defiant Xtreme EV3© roadster is still undergoing performance testing;
however, the preliminary results are amazing.  When in production, the
roadster is expected to have a top speed of nearly 100 miles per hour and a
range of up to 200 miles per charge (depending on battery option selected,
driving conditions, speed, and personal driving habits).

Shockwave Motors, Inc. has provided a short
video<http://youtu.be/N1BiPxvpIIU> of
the roadster at EarthFest, along with the roadster with the top removed and
three passengers going for a drive.

 [image: Inline image 5]

Jonathan Overly, Executive Director of the East TN Clean Fuels
Coalition<http://www.etcleanfuels.org/>,
had this to say about the roadster, *“This vehicle is an awesome choice for
to and from work, and is an excellent vehicle for those that enjoy saving
money on transportation, driving with the top down, and helping reduce
carbon emissions.”*

Shockwave Motors, Inc. has begun to take manufacturing reservations and
expects to begin limited production later in the summer of both the
standard Defiant and the Defiant Xtreme.  The MSRP begins at $24,950 (not
including any state and federal incentives).  In an effort to make it
easier to purchase the roadster, Shockwave Motors, Inc. is working with
banks to be able to offer financing.

Please contact Shockwave Motors, Inc. at: 423.754.6067 for additional
details.

If you no longer wish to receive these updates, just let me know and I will
remove your name.

Thank you for your interest in our all-electric roadsters and
remember...... *"Drive Electric and help save the planet one mile at a
time!" TN*

John

--
John Q. McMillian