[Oeva-list] First Bar Down

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue May 6 22:56:03 PDT 2014

Patrick pointed me at Leaf Spy, which gives me a little more readable
info than "Leaf Battery" (which I was using and is apparently an earlier
version of Leaf Spy), though I'm still not sure what all it's telling
me.  I did go ahead and by the "Pro" version to get logging, now I just
have to remember to use it ;-) and not knock the obd dongle off as it
hangs down too far - I may have to get one of the smaller versions...

330 QCs is a lot more than I thought I'd done, but I do get up to
Portland a lot ;-)
548 regular charges is a lot more as well, considering I normally only
do that once or twice a week, though the first year they didn't have the
QCs between here and Portland, so I had to do L2s instead.  Still, I
would have put it at half that.  I guess it's more often twice a week
than once a week.

SOH 83% is lower than I would expect for still having all the capacity
bars, even with one of them on the edge of going away.  Or maybe I don't
understand State of Health.  Hx 69%?  It would be nice to know what
these actually mean...

In looking around on the web, it looks like the red bars for battery
voltage are "shunts" that are used be balancing the pack.  I wonder if
these being low mean they're getting more charge?  I would expect a
shunt to be a bypass, or maybe it's bypassing them on discharge?