[Oeva-list] Oregon EV News of the Week 2014 May 6

Patrick patrick at oeva.org
Tue May 6 23:02:09 PDT 2014

  Your weekly digest of Oregon Electric Vehicle news, events, and
                multimedia. Feel free to forward it. To get on (or off) the
mailing
list, just email me: patrick at oeva.org.

Stay *current *with us on twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/OEVAorg>,
facebook<http://www.facebook.com/oevadotorg>
, google+ <http://plus.google.com/+OevaOrg/posts>, or
paper.li<http://goo.gl/LUXxi>.

*Top Stories ================================================*
 o We posted our 10,000th tweet this week. It was about the 200,000th PEV
   sold in the US! We started this social media experiment almost 4 years
   ago. Now we have over 3,000 followers. The EAA and Sac EV clubs are
   looking to us as a model to spread the plug in word. Here is that tweet:

According to Plug In America estimates the US's 200,000th plug-in
vehicle was sold on Cinco De Mayo! Celebration!

 *Upcoming Oregon EVents =====================================*
o National Drive Electric Week Volunteer Sign-up http://buff.ly/1mjqwhi

o Largest Clean Fleet Conference in North America, May 6, 2014
http://buff.ly/1ipJaQK
o Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, this Thur
http://buff.ly/1iVV89N
o Spring Root Beer & Electric Vehicle Show: May 11, 2014
http://buff.ly/1fVpi6W
o Oregon Department of Energy public session for Alt Vehicles, May 15th
http://buff.ly/QXBVtl
o EV Ownership: Expert Conversations  - May 18, 2014 http://buff.ly/1rNTebB
o Oregon EV Fest 2014, July 5th at Pioneer Courthouse Square
http://buff.ly/1gHfXFO
o Tesla Motors Club's Connect 2014, 2nd annual users’ conference, July 18
http://buff.ly/1geHPSf
o Energize Oregon Coalition Meeting, July 23 http://buff.ly/1gRJTuU
o EV Roadmap 7: Making Connections, July 24 http://buff.ly/1eqxd2j
o The 3rd annual BC2BC All Electric Vehicle Rally scheduled to start August
10, 2014 http://buff.ly/1aWgQoK
o Route 66 International Festival - EVs wanted, Aug 14
http://buff.ly/1ggx9Cs
o National Plug In Day Is Now National Drive Electric Week - Coming This
September http://buff.ly/1nTY9dC
o The Battery Show, September 16-18, 2014 Novi, Michigan
http://buff.ly/1cqo3M4

 *Northwest EV News of Note ===================================*
o Kaiser plugs into e-bike research http://buff.ly/1j4zAbg
o Top 5 Reasons Portland is a Great City for eBiking http://buff.ly/1iVWMrV
o Trailblazers LaMarcus Aldridge adds a Tesla Model S to his Car Collection
http://buff.ly/1mnevYb
o Tillamook installs solar & batteries to power EV charging stations
http://buff.ly/1mndijG
o New tanker cars required in Oregon and NY for all crude oil trains
http://buff.ly/1micBZ5
o Eco-friendly house, Electrathon races in Riverside Tech’s future
http://buff.ly/1jm5S0E
o Wave energy company opts out of Oregon http://buff.ly/1kplpuP
o FIAT 500e is Coming to Oregon but It is Still a Compliance Car
http://buff.ly/1ftAUEI
o Spring is here. Looking for a new mower? Make sure to get one that is
   "eLawn Musk" approved http://pic.twitter.com/lmYVY0VPF3
o Wash. Gov. Inslee Signs Executive Order On State Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Reductions http://buff.ly/1kpjKoX

*Photos & Videos ============================================*
o Which is cheaper to drive, an old gas car or a new Leaf?
   Infographic http://pic.twitter.com/leO5VRnaMg
o Oregon EV Chief Ashley Horvat takes Blazer star Jerome Kersey & his wife
   Teri on the Plug & Pinot tour #PlugAndPinot
http://pic.twitter.com/qG0ZQT6ZRU
o Tesla's new titanium battery shield plate reviewed by Consumer Reports
   YouTube http://buff.ly/1iVU9qf
o Plug And Pinot http://pic.twitter.com/Rm2ReDmUaj
o Oregon manufacturing & EV companies gather to hear from manufacturing
   experts http://pic.twitter.com/h0DU0O2XoD
o Laura & her 2014 Ford Focus Electric w/ \solar panels at Sokol Blosser
   #PlugAndPinot http://pic.twitter.com/CEbIPgnAkh
o video: Don Garlits Takes EV Dragster To 184 MPH http://buff.ly/1j3bAVQ
o George Takei's Take Electric Cars | Takei's Take Ep 12
   YouTube http://buff.ly/1umWM8Q
o Mini Tesla Supercharger for your phone http://pic.twitter.com/1kWm6qRSE0
o Nissan LEAF Late Night Race Through a Sleepy Village
   YouTube http://buff.ly/1lLYaxR
o Japanese Steampunk Style Mini Electric Car
http://pic.twitter.com/eF2Y8sa9iR
o Volts for Oil | Fully Charged: How many kWh in a gallon?
http://buff.ly/1rOltad
o Electric motorcycle test ride - YouTube http://buff.ly/1lHPo43
o What are you fighting for? http://pic.twitter.com/CK2gaGEZNf
o Tesla CEO 'We had to make electric cars a no-brainer' [video]
http://buff.ly/1jm7vLQ
o Times they are achangin' Nozzie - YouTube http://buff.ly/1mju5UP
o Mt. Hood and the Columbia River, Oregon http://pic.twitter.com/TnMkqYG8Ch

*Other EV News of Note =======================================*
 o The most efficient car in the US is the BMW i3 electric
http://buff.ly/1j60iA8
o Misleading Lexus ad trashes plug-in vehicles http://buff.ly/1kILo0j
o Tesla Motors Fined $89,000 For 7 Safety Violations Linked To Fremont
Factory Fire http://buff.ly/1rVZXjO
o BMW Designworks Solar Carport and BMW i Wallbox Pro http://buff.ly/1j3aPw4

o 700 Miles in an Electric Bus in One Day  http://buff.ly/1fJzxSv
o Pulling Back the Veil on EV Charging Station Costs http://buff.ly/1fJz4Qr
o Tesla Model S Rear Ended By Big Rig http://buff.ly/1j38Yr3
o Worldwide EV market is forecasted to grow to more than 12 million
vehicles in 2021 http://buff.ly/1kD3hxE
o Mercedes teams with Tesla on $41K electric car http://buff.ly/1g0Uinf
o Nissan Reaching Sales Records http://buff.ly/1kARAra
o Chevrolet Volt Sales Improve In April http://buff.ly/1fGMnAZ
o Fossil Fuel Subsidies Cost ~$2 Trillion Annually, According To IMF
http://buff.ly/1kARj7A
o Indigenous Amazonian People Threatened by Oil Drilling
http://buff.ly/1iVSzEA
o Elon Musk named World's Top Eco-Innovators in Furtune's top 25 list
http://buff.ly/1mpnh85
o Electric Mercedes-Benz B-Class priced to challenge the BMW i3
http://buff.ly/1lHOvIN
o Big Daddy Don Garlits Pilots EV Dragster To 184.01 MPH In 1/4 Mile
http://buff.ly/1iTYr1e
o First US BMW i3 Delivery http://buff.ly/1rOpnzM
o Vermont lawmaker wants to make EV tax credits larger and easier to access
http://buff.ly/1n8FQyF
o Electric E-Fan Aircraft Successfully Completes First Public Flight
http://buff.ly/1krhf5M
o First burnout by Electric Big Daddy http://buff.ly/1fvc4EL
o BMW i8 Production Now Underway - Cars Coming to US in June
http://buff.ly/1fu5YV4

          =D~~~ Live Regeneratively!