[Oeva-list] Voted with my $$$

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Fri May 9 15:23:34 PDT 2014

The plug in Prius would be fine if it had a larger capacity battery.

I have a (expensive, poor quality) aftermarket plug-in kit on my 2008 Prius, and it gets 85 mpg with its 10 KWH pack.
Your mileage really varies with the type of driving you do, and plug-ins that go mostly locally often get over 100 mpg.
(I always took my pure EV's for the short trips back when we had very limited range).

So more battery for less money and they would have a wonderful car.

Gary