[Oeva-list] Spark EV?

Carl Hassman hassmanc at lanecc.edu
Fri Dec 11 12:27:20 PST 2015

Hello Everybody

I just leased a Spark EV and love it. I had a Think City, which I loved as well. I sold it to my daughter recently and replaced it with this Spark.

I got it during the cold snap we had here in Eugene recently, down to 19 degrees one day.  The ability to pre heat the car while plugged in is fantastic!  It always seems to have a predicted range of about 60 to 70 miles, which changes as it is driven, usually gets better.

There are great lease deals on these cars, I am paying $151 a month and put nothing down, 12,000 miles per year.  It's an LT2 model, with the leather, but no back up camera.

Compared to a Think, this car has all kinds of comforts and options.  I still love the Think, it is unpretentious, cute, and gets the job done without frills.  But it is a two seater, and the Spark has four relatively spacious seats, which is good because I have three kids at home still, and need to ferry them around at times.

I think a person can't go wrong leasing a Spark EV at these prices.  In two or three years we will all want the newer longer range EVs that will be coming out, so the lease really appeals to me.

Another one to look out for is the i3, a lady I know leased one for $105 a month with about $2000 down. I don't know her annual mileage allotment.

The lease deals are out there, you may have to push a little, but there are dealers willing to sell these, and they know the magic dealer math that lets them get the prices down.

Carl in Springfield, OR