[Oeva-list] Under utilized Oak Grove charging stations or?

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Wed Oct 28 13:14:36 PDT 2015

Q: Wasn’t this a predictable outcome or are you surprised?

I think we EV enthusiasts should consider this as a test case.  It’s been just 6 weeks now and already they pulled the trigger on killing EV exclusive use of parking spaces.  But they didn’t stop there---they killed the ability to even charge an EV!

The Rose Garden has better policies with regard to their significant array of Blink charging stations.  And this is an important comparison: While it’s rare that EV’s park in the Blink spots, the charge stations continue to be available, though they are not exclusive for EV’s.  TriMet (or Oak Grove???) didn’t even consider leaving these enabled, choosing to deny the ability to recharge within weeks of going live.  That’s rude and someone should take this on as an educational opportunity.

Or shall we just throw in the hat and agree that advocating for charge stations no longer makes sense?

-Myles