[Oeva-list] Under utilized Oak Grove charging stations or?

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:30:28 PDT 2015

Sounds like the real problem is that they don't have enough parking spots
and they are so desperate for spots that these are being sacrificed. I
agree with Myles that they can change the spots to general use when they
are full but that does not mean they have to take out the charging
stations.

I think the real issue is that public infrastructure is generally just a
safety net. Home or workplace charging is generally more convenient and
cheaper. But, and here is the part that is hard for non-EV drivers to
understand, just because public infrastructure is unused does not mean it
is not important. Knowing that you can stop and charge if you need to is
very reassuring.