[Oeva-list] Under utilized expensive charging stations

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Wed Oct 28 16:46:21 PDT 2015

This is just so disappointing to hear.

So do I understand this correctly?

The plan is to charge EV drivers 2 hours x $ 2 = 4 dollars then 8  x $1 = 8

Total of charging and parking an EV is 12 dollars in 10 hours.

As Myles points out, what would you expect to happen

This takes the most efficient vehicle and cleanest, to the become most
expensive vehicle.

Actually the reasoning to build light rail, does not make sense if you
look at the cost.
1.5 billion dollars for just over seven miles. We could buy a huge fleet of
 electric buses for
just the cost of this one short light rail extension.

It would be far less expensive to use electric buses, and not build  these
grandiose projects
that were based improving over technology of the past.

Advances in batteries or energy storage is going to continue to make  huge
improvements.

If the goal is to move people using electric. EVs do that well, and
electric buses
would be most logical next step.

Don Blazer

In a message dated 10/28/2015 1:15:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,