[Oeva-list] Under utilized expensive charging stations

Bill Meyer bill.meyer at coho.net
Wed Oct 28 18:02:44 PDT 2015

Trimet may be trying to appease public anger at empty EV-only parking
spaces. But as Patrick points out, EV drivers need an effective safety
net with available spaces, thus underutilized, thus expensive. (Or cheap
but inconvenient, but then there is no profit for the EVSE provider.)
Don - $12 is much cheaper than being late to work.

Those who charge at home only need the safety net, but apartment
dwellers and those who park on the street need cheap AND convenient
charging away from home. We can hope for that from supportive employers
but not from an overcrowded mass transit station.

Regards,
   - Bill