[Oeva-list] Need tips on insuring an EV conversion

Datta, Sham M sham.m.datta at intel.com
Tue Sep 8 15:10:31 PDT 2015

Folks,
        I have finished converting my old Toyota 4Runner (1996) to an EV and would like hear your comments about insuring an EV conversion. Specifically, I have following questions.

*       Do I just buy insurance from a company as if it is just a 1996 ICE Toyota 4Runner Or explain about EV transformation to them and then ask for a quote?
*       Any specific companies that fellow conversion EV owners have good experience with.

Thanks as always,
Sham Datta
Intel Corporation.