[Oeva-list] Need tips on insuring an EV conversion

Paul Wallace ianaudio at aracnet.com
Tue Sep 8 18:34:21 PDT 2015

Sham,
I've used State Farm in the past.  These days, and EV shouldn't be much of a problem to insure.  My last truck was no issue, even though EVs were the exception at that point.  You need to decide if you are going for declared value or not.  If you are, you will need to provide all your receipts for parts to prove the value is more than the salvage value of the vehicle as an ICE.  There will probably still be some depreciation of value.  In the end, you are really interested in the liability insurance.

Be sure to get your title changed to electric as well.  Take the vehicle to a DMV that will do an inspection to prove that it is electric.

Paul Wallace