[Oeva-list] Free Thundersky 100ah cells

Bryce Nash nashco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 16:23:15 PDT 2015

Update:

I had to pull the craigslist ad after being bombarded by calls from people who thought they had hit the scrapper jackpot and were going to be able to take them to the battery recycler and pocket a cool grand. Ha!

New strategy. Here is what was in the craigslist ad:

I recently got a huge pile of lithium batteries as part of a package deal that I won't be using. There are 99 cells, but it looks like about half of them are junk and the other half MIGHT be useable. I say might because I've only measured the voltage, haven't done any performance tests at all. The "good" half have good nominal open circuit voltage. These haven't been used, just sitting for a few years without a charger on them. You can find the specs on these batteries here (these are the 100 ah version):

http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/Manuals/Thundersky%20Product%20Manual.pdf

This is hundreds of pounds of batteries, and it's a package deal...if you take one, you take them all. These could be used for an electric bicycle, lawnmower, or similar project that is low risk if you have issues.

This was once worth thousands of dollars, but these cells are aged and I don't have time to deal with them. If you've got the interest in sifting out the good ones and recycling the leftovers, they're yours for the taking.

Please email me if you are interested in the ENTIRE pile. Thanks!

Bryce