[Oeva-list] Twizy

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield nikki at transportevolved.com
Tue Sep 29 22:56:44 PDT 2015

They're great fun!

I used to own one in the UK. You can get 50 miles out of it if you're
really gentle, but 30 is more achievable in most situations. Thanks to its
outboard wheels and tight chassis it handles like a go kart with responsive
and direct steering. Add in rear wheel drive and opposite lock fun is the
order of the day.

Everything is optional, including doors and windows. No heater available
but you can buy a special 'Julie' to keep you warmer and drier in winter
months.

Top speed of the twizy 80 is an electronically limited  52 MPH, but down
hill I've had mine up to 65. Some folks in Europe hacked the controller to
get that restriction removed and the thing tops out at 70. Not bad for a
15kW motor!

On board you have 6 kWh usable battery and a small 2 kW on board charger.

They're coming to Quebec this fall, and do I suspect someone will grew
market import one. They do have a single airbag, but wouldn't meet NHTSA
safety standards for cars. Maybe a motorcycle exemption or NEV?

--

[image: 3sparks llc]

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield / Editor in Chief

+1 (419) 836-0213

nikki at transportevolved.com

 [image: Twitter] <http://htmlsig.com/www.twitter.com/aminorjourney> [image:
Google Plus] <https://plus.google.com/u/0/+NikkiGordonBloomfield/posts> [image:
Youtube] <http://htmlsig.com/www.youtube.com/transportevolve>  [image:
Skype] <http://htmlsig.com/multiphonikks>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s).
Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the
taking of any action in reliance on the information herein is prohibited.
E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they
can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates
with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted these risks. Company Name is
not responsible for errors or omissions in this message and denies any
responsibility for any damage arising from the use of e-mail. Any opinion
and other statement contained in this message and any attachment are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.