[Oeva-list] watching the weather for tomorrow night's scheduled meeting

Gary Graunke gary at whitecape.org
Wed Dec 7 21:06:16 PST 2016

A number of us have been watching the hour-by-hour weather forecasts for
tomorrow, Thursday, Dec 8.

The forecasts not only change over time, but are quite different for the
meeting site, downtown Portland, and areas where we may live.

Currently, the meeting site should be OK, but downtown Portland is forecast
to have freezing rain from 7-9 PM.

Obviously, many of us can handle a bit of snow, but should not venture out
in freezing rain.

At this point the best I can recommend is for us to check back tomorrow for
an updated forecast. I'll try to make a final call by the end of the
morning.

Gary

PS, if we do go ahead, we'll provide soft drinks, pizza, and coffee. Bring
goodies to share.

We have reserved July 1 for Pioneer Courthouse Square.

Gary Exner and I talked to the organizer of the Portland Auto Show, and we
will likely rent some space to be with the 19-20 EV's at the show!

We are also talking with Drive Oregon to provide staffing for their booth.
(I see this as eventually eclipsing our EV Fest as our major push for the
year).

We also still could use some staff Sunday morning at the Green Festival
booth.

Be safe.