[Oeva-list] Leaf map upgrade

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Wed Dec 21 16:39:55 PST 2016

I have finally succeeded in upgrading the map in my 2011 Leaf.  I doubt many others have because it took me some effort to get Nissan’s map people to fix the website that needs to work in order to buy an upgrade.  The map SW is keyed to the car.  Unless you have the right chip that has been coded for your car it doesn’t work.  I learned that buying, on Ebay, a chip someone had pulled out of a wrecked 2015 Leaf.  I returned it and got a refund but it was a waste of time.

The new map costs $182.95 with shipping.  You have to plug the parameters from your car into this website http://nissan.navigation.com/home/en_US/NissanNA/USD  Follow the instructions to pick your car year, etc.  Then you get a chip with your particular car’s ID.  It comes with instructions on how to “boot” the new map into your car.

ONE NOTE -  If you have charging timers turned on in your car the process will turn them off.  You aren’t told.  They are just turned off.  My car was not charged this morning.