[Oeva-list] NissanConnect - Carwings not working?

Eric Cha themastercha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:20:18 PST 2016

I'm guessing that this is because AT&T 2G is being discontinued and
Nissan is phasing out support?

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1102612_nissan-leaf-connectivity-update-will-replace-vanishing-2g-network

"...NissanConnectEV, formerly known as Carwings, lets owners monitor
functions like climate control and remote charging. it also compiles a
driving history from relevant data.

But in many of the existing Leafs, that system relies on a
soon-to-vanish 2G cell network.

So Nissan is undertaking a campaign to get customers to upgrade their
cars before 2G is phased out completely.

AT&T, Nissan's network provider, plans to shut down its 2G cellular
network completely on December 31.

The company is expected to begin "sunsetting" the 2G service before
that, meaning Leaf owners in certain parts of the country may be shut
out of NissanConnectEV well before the end of the year."