[Oeva-list] NissanConnect - Carwings not working?

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Fri Dec 30 17:11:33 PST 2016

IMHO - The whole scheme Nissan uses to do it’s communication to/from the car for the commands like heat is riddled with problems.  It’s way too complex and uses too many complex parts that all have to work:
your cell phone
your cell phone’s tower
your cell phone’s connection to the internet
the internet
Nissan’s web site
Nissan’s various servers that serve the CarWings and other services
Communication between about 3 Nissan servers
Your car’s cell connection to AT&T
AT&T’s tower
AT&T’s connection to the internet
the internet again
Nissan’s connection to your car though all that

I’d be really happy if there were a switch in the car that would just frigging turn on the heat.