[Oeva-list] EV iced

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Thu Apr 6 12:59:52 PDT 2017

I second the opportunist approach as the first choice---i.e. commandeer the plug and stretch it to your space next to one of the end spaces (if avail.).  There are people out there who have no qualms about doing that without even checking---'my interests trump yours' seems to be their motto.  Once I was parked at the last of a string of 4 charge stations and began charging.  Within an hour I logged into the service and found my charging had stopped.  I went out there to find the plug laying on the ground.  Huh?  Was this malicious or did some opportunist do this?  I asked company security if they had video of the charge stations---they did, but they "couldn't show it to me".  I then asked, well, can you check what happened at this time this morning?  They did, got back to me and said: "well, it wasn't malicious.  A car pulled in next to yours, person got out, walked over, unplugged your THINK, plugged their LEAF in, tried to get the charging to go, then gave up and left".  They didn't even bother to plug my car back in----f'n jerks!!!

Anyway, no charging going on and no way to contact the owner?  Feel free, I say---grab the tail and plug it in.

Or, give the owner a nastygram.
Or, unplug their car and put the charge cord on the ground---maybe they'll get towed or ticketed and you'll get something out of it...just be sure you're not being videoed...
Or there are more extreme things you could think of...

-mt