[Oeva-list] Ryobi Electric Riding Mower

Bill Meyer bill.meyer at coho.net
Tue Apr 25 08:36:10 PDT 2017

The Ryobi mower uses lead acid batteries. One reviewer on the Home Depot
web
<http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-RM480e-38-in-Battery-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mower-RY48110/300246266>
page preferred SLA
<https://mycountryacre.com/5-ultimate-electric-riding-mower-battery-care-tips>
to lithium:

    "Lithium batteries are not good for long duration, high current draw
    applications. Deep discharge, lead acid batteries are the best
    choice for this type of application."

I doubt it. Is there any data on this?

I rather think Ryobi kept the cost down. But lifetime cost is higher
with a few hundred charge/discharge cycles on SLA vs a few thousand on
lithium.