[Oeva-list] Ryobi Electric Riding Mower

Datta, Sham M sham.m.datta at intel.com
Tue Apr 25 08:58:43 PDT 2017

That is a very broad question about SLA and Lithium. Also, Mower has such a weird usage pattern (sits for several months idle). Having two converted vehicles one with Lithium and one with SLA, I can say that:

*        If SLA is GEL battery, it will probably give you 500 or so cycles. If it is AGM type less than 400 cycles at the most.

o   But at the same time, you ground a lawn Mower for 7 months and DO NOT charge once in about three months or so - it will affect it's life

*        Lithium depends on quality and battery chemistry. Good lithium-FePO4 shall give you >1500 cycles

o   But again, you need to charge it about 4-6 months once to about 50-60% or so. CALB recommends charging once in 4 months, if idle to 50%.

Sham