[Oeva-list] Forth Leaf Failure

Morris Green morrisgreen at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 11:50:34 PDT 2017

I was at Forth on Sunday and their 2014 Leaf failed to power up.  As in no door opening / unlock, and no dash lights after using the mechanical key to get in and pressing the On button.  My best guess was that the 12v lead acid battery had died and that would be the first thing I would check for replacement.  Lead acid batteries have a limited lifetime and 3 to 5 years is the usual lifetime in my experience (except for the Panasonic brand, which worked for 5 to 7 years for me).

Has anyone else experienced this?  And what was the cause?

Thanks,
Morris Green