[Oeva-list] Forth Leaf Failure

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Mon Aug 28 12:47:31 PDT 2017

I had the my Leaf’s 6 year old 12v battery die with the same symptoms.

In my case it was my fault.  I left my ODBII bluetooth attached and went on a 3 week vacation.

Unless you had a drain similar to mine for a long time I would be very surprised that the battery died.  My experience with my Prius and Leaf is the 12v batteries last at least 6-7 years.  The Leaf does continue to chatter over the cell phone when it’s sitting but I think Nissan has some logic to shut that down after a week or so just so it won’t kill the 12v battery.