[Oeva-list] And the rest advance a notch

Eric Cha themastercha at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:12:01 PST 2018

On 2/28/2018 10:32 PM, Chaz Smith wrote:
> On another note re the Kona, it seems that people are assuming because
> it has an SUV shape that it will have AWD capability.  I missed it if
> Hyundai said anything official to confirm this.

I am *hoping* that the Kona EV has an AWD option, but I haven't seen
anything official either.

> In a not so past life I was a big Subaru fan and I am hoping that they
> will join the full EV or at least a decent range plug in hybrid in the
> very near future.  It seems like such a vehicle would fit their brand
> ethos.

I'm a big Subie fan too, but their lagging behind on EV's is a major
bummer.  They had a crosstrek hybrid that was pathetic, so I resorted to
getting the highest MPG model I could find (the Impreza).  I don't
really hold it against them though because they are a pretty small
manufacturer, so their R&D budget is a lot tighter than the big guys'...
Still,  there are supposed plans for them to make the leap in 2-5 years...

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1110595_subaru-plans-for-all-electric-versions-of-existing-model-lineup

But will it be too late?

Eric