[Oeva-list] Looking for a new owner for an old project

phil hochstetler phil.hochstetler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 14:32:29 PST 2019

I have a unique electric vehicle, a Twike, which is a 3 wheeled enclosed
500 lb vehicle which seats 2 and is enclosed.  It was built in Switzerland
and imported into the USA.  I worked on it for a year (10 years ago) to get
it running on the original batteries.  I drove it for 6 or 7 years on and
off as it is quite a head turner and quite fun to drive (put over 3000
miles on it).  Top speed is 55 mph and it is street legal.  Ok, the bad
stuff.  I replaced all the original Ni-Cd cells with new industrial cells
and all was good until one of the BMS boards died.  It requires 2 working
boards and even though I have tried to debug the problem, it has eluded
me.  I have spare boards but none of them are fully working as well.  I
have the service program for the batteries but the problem with the boards
seems to be in the area of communications.

I am not looking to sell this project, but I am willing to give it away to
a new owner.  Some old details on bringing up the vehicle are at
http://twikepdx.blogspot.com/  .

I will give away everything I have for it (including enough cells for a 3rd
battery).  When working range is 16 to 24 miles and recharges in 2 hours
off 120v (no 240v charging).  Uses about 65 Wh/mile so it very efficient.

You will need to be able to debug the electronics of the BMS board to
repair it or find someone to help you.  I had a great run with it but it is
ready to find a new home.  It is current with registration so if you get
insurance, it is ready to drive.  It is licensed in Oregon as a motorcycle,
but no helmet is required as it is enclosed (insurance cost is about $100 /
year).  You will need to rent a trailer (u-haul has one that fits) to get
it home.  I can deliver all the other misc spare parts and batteries.

Serious inquiries only.

Phil Hochstetler
phil.hochstetler at gmail.com