[Oeva-list] Model Y test drive

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Mon Jun 22 18:54:57 PDT 2020

On 6/22/20 6:36 PM, Ron Jackson wrote:
> Alan,
>
> On the Model 3 the steering is configurable between Comfort, Standard,
> and Sport. I expect the Model Y is similar. You may like Comfort
> steering mode better than Standard.

Yes, that's what I was thinking too, it just didn't bother me enough to
fiddle with it on the test drive.

> Standard range production of the Model Y is planned to start in 2021. If
> it is like the Model 3, it will be rear wheel drive. If you are a chill
> driver you might find that RWD gives you all the performance you want.

Actually, I want the awd for winter weather and a few other cases where
it would be useful, and I definitely want the long range version - the
whole point of getting a Tesla over most other EVs is the ability to do
road trips.