[Oeva-list] Model Y test drive

Ron Jackson Ron at fascinatingelectronics.com
Mon Jun 22 20:16:26 PDT 2020

Alan,

The Long Range is great for road trips! My wife and I did a 4,500 mile road
trip last summer from Portland to Minnesota and back. The superchargers
were well spaced so we could stop every two hours, more or less. That
worked out well for us, and it kept the Model 3 in the most rapid part of
its charge rate curve. Usually by the time we had cleaned the windshield
and visited the restroom the Model 3 was charged enough to get us to our
next stop with a 20% to 30% reserve. We never needed to wait around to
charge it into the slow part of its charge curve.

  —Ron