[Oeva-list] Change of Title Details

Nikki Gordon-Bloomfield nikki at littlecollie.com
Sat Oct 3 11:33:59 PDT 2020

Good morning!

We picked up a new Transport Evolved project car this week — a Honda Insight with an EV1 motor!

It is still listed as being a hybrid on its title. It currently needs batteries and a controller, and our goal is to add these using salvage and/or open source components.  But first we have to title it. Does anyone know how one goes about getting the title changed from Hybrid to electric in the state? We are *just* within the Portland Urban DEQ zone, so without a change of title, we will have to get DEQ testing before we can register it.

Second, if anyone has any information about the original EV1 motor, I would LOVE to hear. We’d like to keep it running in this car given its significance, with perhaps a Nissan Leaf inverter powered by the open-source controller boards now available for the same.

Thanks!

Nikki.