[Oeva-list] 2020 Nissan Leaf? Good deals!

Morris H Green morrisgreen at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 19:02:34 PDT 2020

So Carr Nissan is advertising new 2020 Nissan Leaf S (and S Plus and more Leafs) starting at $21,610.  That price includes these discounts:  $3,500 from Carr, $2,500 from Oregon Clean Vehicle rebate, $1,000 “Trade Assistance” from Carr (if you trade in your old car), $6,000 from Nissan for a total of $13,000 off.  There are also a few conditional discounts (college, military, Nissan owner) of $500 each.  And then I went to the Nissan web site and they offered me a $50 gift card to take a test drive.  I will be taking a test drive tomorrow with my son to see if we want to replace our 2013 Leaf S with all 12 bars and 56,000 miles on it.  And the salesman who called says that price includes the $925 delivery charge, but I’m not sure I believe him.

Oh, and one more thing:  the Nissan Leaf still qualifies for the $7,500 fed tax credit.  So that’s a new 2020 Nissan Leaf S for around $15,110 without the trade assistance.

Thanks to Peter Hoeckel for bringing this up at the OEVA meeting Thursday.

I have a couple of questions if you’ve read this far:

1.  Does the 2020 Leaf S have heated seats?  Steering wheel?
2.  Is there a tow hitch made for it?

Anything else people want me to consider?  I’m pretty close to making up my mind in favor of buying it.

Oh, and most of these offers expire Nov 2nd.  It’s also the end of the model year so maybe the 2021 cars will have some upgrades.  Or maybe the 25% to 30% sales drop during this Covid 19 era is forcing Nissan to flush these cars to get them off their inventory?

Lemme know!

Morris