[Oeva-list] 2020 Nissan Leaf? Good deals!

Chaz Smith chazeesmith2u at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 13:36:54 PDT 2020

Hi Morris, I am pretty sure that the S no longer includes heated seats, a
shame.  You have to add a special package for that, that I believe adds a
heat pump.  Even the SV models, that all used to come with the heat pump as
part of the package, don't necessarily come with heated seats.

I am not aware of any official tow package or rating for the Leaf not that
that stops some people ;-).

It still an impressive value overall, but I think I'd consider the $88 per
month lease and if one qualified for the charge ahead rebat, basically you
being paid to drive the car for two years.  And the mileage penalty for
going over the allotment on Nissan is typically only 15 cents per mile, so
quite the deal.  And, yes I defintely feel that this is a flush by Nissan
of left over inventory.  I have yet to hear anything about a 2021 Leaf and
it concerns me a bit.  Hopefully something soon.  I fear that Nissan is
about to flat out abandon the Leaf program and I think that would be a
shame.  I do think that they want to launch the Aria with the benefit of
the federal tax credit being available.  Who knows that the laws will be
come next year with whatever change might occur in the coming election.
Could be better, could be worse, or basically a stalemate and more status
quo with phase out looming.

Good luck to you and your son. whatever you decide to do.