[Or_rainbow] Joseph OV-GOR -

Trisha Holm trishaholm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 12:32:33 PDT 2014

Greetings Oregon Rainbow:

The Northeast Oregon OV-GOR (or as we lovingly call it:  Joseph's OV-GOR!) is fast approaching.  It is much earlier this year than it has been in the past so we need to get our accomodations finalized very soon.

We have contacted the vacation rental company that we have used in the past and it looks like theWallowa River Camp (the home we stayed at in 2012 that has the bunkhouse and 2-stories, the campsite and ALL THOSE DEER!!)is available for us to rent for the weekend of the OV-GOR, the 10-12 of October,  This property sleeps 30, with a bunkhouse on the lower level that sleeps 24.

It looks like there is no school on that Friday, the 10, for students in the Beaverton School District.  We arw not sure, but it may be that the entire state has an in-service on that Friday.  None the less, we are planning on going over on Friday, the 10th of October and leaving on Sunday, the 12th of October.  We have been asked by Mrs. Rollman to organize this annual trip againg this year, and we are delighted to do so!

We do need to get an ideas of how many people are planning on attending this trip and for how many days.  In the past, most people have arrived late Friday night - even as late at midnight or later.  Since we are all able to be in the same property this year, it will make arrangments much easier.

Based on past attendance, we have charged $30 for the entire weekend (regardless if you arrive on Friday night of Saturday morning) which includes the following:

Lodging:     Friday & Saturday nights
Dinner:       Friday & Saturday nights
Breakfast:   Saturday & Sunday morning

That also includes various snacks and such that we will have at the property.  Typically, Maxine Assembly hosts a lunch for us at the OV-GOR on Saturday.  We also visit the local shops (Mad Mary's) and soda fountain or ice cream shop.

This price is based on having the full 30 people attend.  If we have more than 30 people wanting to attend and need additional lodging, costs may change depending.  Of course, if we have less than 30 people attending, perhaps only 10-15 total people, then we will need to adjust where we stay and how much that will be will be dependent upon the amount of people attending.

So, please let me know how many of you want to attend this OV-GOR as soon as possible so we can start making arrangements.  It is just 3 weeks away and we need to make sure we know how many are attending so that we can reserve the right property for the amount of people.

Please let me know by Friday, the 26th of September how many are going to attend the Joseph OV-GOR and how many of those are adults and how many are youth.  We must receive payment for that trip by Tuesday, the 30th of September, since we need to pay in advance for the property.  Also, that will let us kow how many are attending and whether or not the cost of $30 will be the same or if it will change (depending on the number of people and what property we will need to reserve).

Thank you and have a blessed day!

In Rainbow Love & Service,

Mrs. Trisha Holm
Adult Editor, IORG-Oregon