[Or_rainbow] Fwd: Retreat info

Nancy Coddington nancyceeohdee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:08:02 PST 2015

Dinner, breakfast and lunch, oh my!

I need a count of all those who wish to eat communally Saturday dinner,
Sunday breakfast and Sunday lunch. Please let me know which meals you would
like to partake of. You can eat one, two or all three (Or none!  But it's
more fun if you can share a meal) Please respond quickly so that all of us
who are providing food will know how many to plan for. Email, call or text
me (info is below).

As stated above, this is an adult meeting. The only beverages being
provided are water, coffee (I have a Bunn coffee maker that I'm bringing)
and tea. You are welcome to bring snacks and beverages of your choice.  If
you wish to share those items, all the better.

To keep food costs down for those who wish to share a meal or three, we are
asking people who are eating with the group to contribute food that is on
the menu.* :)* I will update throughout the week to let people know the
status of who is bringing what, and how many people we can expect for each
meal. In addition, we can have more than one person providing a particular
grocery item (for instance, ground beef for the taco salad). If you have
food allergies or restrictions, consider bringing something you KNOW you
can eat without ill effect! The menu may not sound fancy, but it was
developed keeping in mind ease of transportation and preparation. We don't
want to spend hours in the kitchen!

Now for the menu. A list of grocery items for which you can sign up
follows. Let me know what you would like to provide. I will do regular
updates. Again, call, text or email is fine.

*Dinner – Saturday 6 p.m.*

Taco Salad

Cornbread

Ice cream sundaes for dessert

            *Grocery list:*

            Black or kidney beans - Leslie Hawkins

            Ground beef (multiple people may sign up for this item)

            Taco seasoning - Nancy Coddington

            Tomatoes

            Lettuce or bag-o-salad

            Green onion

            Cheddar cheese

            Sliced olives

            Sour cream

            Salsa

            Avocados or guacamole

            Tortilla chips

Cornbread mix OR pre-made before arrival

Vanilla ice cream –

chocolate syrup

caramel syrup

nuts

Maraschinos

Brownies (pre-made)

*Breakfast – Sunday 8 a.m.*

Fresh fruit

Monkey bread

Assorted Yogurt

            *Grocery list:*

            Cantaloupe

            Honeydew  or other fruit?

Monkey bread fixins – Nancy Coddington (prepare Saturday night and bake in
the morning)

            Yogurt selection - Susie Marshall

*Lunch – Sunday 12 noon*

Fresh fruit

Deli sandwiches

Chips & salsa

            *Grocery list:*

            Left over fruit from breakfast plus apples/oranges

            Left over chips & salsa from Saturday’s dinner

Potato chips - Leslie Hawkins

            Deli meats –

turkey

ham

Sliced cheese –

Cheddar

Monterey jack

            Mayonnaise

            Mustard

            Bread – whole wheat and white - anyone need gluten-free?

            Tomatoes

            Lettuce

Nancy Coddington
503-551-5616 (call or text)