[Or_rainbow] Ritual Competition

Karen Smith duckvilleusa at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:57:35 PST 2018

Hello Oregon Rainbow Girls,

Statewide/DJR is only a couple of weeks away and that means Grand Assembly will quickly follow. If you are not a Grand Officer and would like to receive this years proficiency charm at DJR there is still time to pass it to your Grand Deputy. If you are a Grand Officer and you haven't passed yours yet, you must pass it to either Mrs. Lovelin or Mrs. Rollman to receive your pin and/or charm.  In either case if you pass it before DJR please make sure your Grand Deputy, Mrs. Lovelin or Mrs. Rollman lets me know so that you may receive your pin or charm. Proficiencies may be passed at any time during the year including at Grand Assembly during ritual competition.

Now speaking of ritual competition, it's never too early to decide on which lectures you'd like to compete in. The two bow stations this year will be Patriotism and Service. The other categories are New Member, Super 7, Charity Pot of Gold lecture, Chaplain initiation prayer, Bible Tribute, Masonic Ribbon Ceremony, Rose Lecture, Retiring of the Crown, American Flag Tribute, Gavel Talk and Team competition. The New Member category is for girls that have been initiated between January 1st and May 31, 2018. They may do ANY bow station of their choice. Grand Patriotism, Service, Chaplain and Charity  cannot participate in their own lectures, and the Grand Line may not participate in Team Competition in their respective offices.

Both the individual and team entry forms can be found on the Oregon Rainbow website and need to be sent to Cheryl Sumerlin by June 1, 2018.

I will be unable to attend DJR but Mrs. Mobley will be presenting proficiency awards in my place. I'd like for you to be able to show off your hard work so hopefully I'll be getting notifications of lots of girls needing a new charm!

I know you will have a great time at the initiation, dance and talent show and we will see you in Pendleton!

Rainbow love,
Karen Smith
PGWA, Co-Director Ritual Competition