[Local events] Food Fight: Dan Imhoff on the Farm Bill

David Abel passages at rdrop.com
Wed Feb 14 22:53:10 PST 2007

You're invited to a free public event presented by Ecotrust Food &
Farms, Salmon-Safe, Slow Food Portland, and Edible Portland.

Portland Food Fight

with

Dan Imhoff

Monday, March 5, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Billy Frank, Jr. Conference Center
Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center
721 NW Ninth Ave
Portland

Every five to seven years, Congress passes an obscure piece of
legislation that is known as the Farm Bill. As the economic engine
driving the modern food system, the Farm Bill is largely responsible for
determining the quantity and variety of crops we grow, and what and how
much we eat.

We have invited Dan Imhoff, author of the newly published Food Fight:
The Citizen's Guide to a Food and Farm Bill, to provide consumers and
activists with the information we'll need to start the food fight that
delivers a more sustainable future.

The event features complimentary food from Slow Food Portland as well as
wine tasting with Willamette Valley Vineyards. For more information,
contact Salmon-Safe: http://www.salmonsafe.org/farms/foodfight.cfm